QuickBooks offers a wealth of powerful features to help you organize and manage your business finances. If you lead your company’s bookkeeping or payroll functions, you’ll want to learn how Schenck can save you money, headaches and time with your QuickBooks software.
Saving you money
QuickBooks 2010 products will expire in spring 2013. If you use the 2010 products, I encourage you to update to QuickBooks 2013 products. QuickBooks 2013 is now available for purchase and offers some beneficial new features, including the ability to:
- Enter bank and credit card transactions in batches or paste them from Microsoft Excel
- Receive your year-end journal entries as an email that can be imported with just one click
Schenck clients can receive up to a 35% discount on QuickBooks software when they place their order with our Intuit sales representative. Call your QuickBooks ProAdvisor to learn more.
Saving you headaches
Below are two tips to keep in mind when you begin your year-end planning.
- Set a closing date and password when you send your QuickBooks data to your accountant for year-end work. In QuickBooks, go to ‘Company,’ then ‘Set Closing Date,’ then click on the ‘Set Date/Password’ button. Use your year-end date as the closing date. This allows you to enter transactions in the current year without unintentionally changing anything from a prior year.
- Be sure to download the latest tax tables before running your 2013 payrolls. Beginning January 1, 2013, employers will be responsible for withholding an additional 0.9% Medicare tax on individual employee wages paid over $200,000 in a calendar year. There will be no employer match required for the additional 0.9% tax. Intuit QuickBooks Payroll is planning to incorporate this change in a future payroll update.
Saving you time
Do you have questions about QuickBooks’ features or wonder if you’re entering data in the most efficient way? Is your accountant sending back a long list of journal entries after he or she prepares your tax return?
Schenck’s QuickBooks advisors can assist with training, troubleshooting, data clean-up, reconciling, entering journal entries and much more. We can:
- Help you use your software more efficiently.
- Make your monthly accounting processes easier and faster.
- Provide accurate and timely answers to your questions.
- Show you how to generate useful financial information from your software that’s relevant to your specific operations.
- Meet with you face-to-face, or assist via remote desktop access, over the telephone or by email.
I invite you to attend one of Schenck’s free QuickBooks seminars in December. Watch our website Events page for details.
Kelly Heimerman is a supervisor at Schenck. She is a QuickBooks ProAdvisor with more than 14 years of experience in public accounting.