The Wisconsin Department of Revenue (WDOR) recently sent an email to businesses regarding a change in access for third party processors (TPP) within the Wisconsin My Tax Account system. WDOR will now allow TPPs access to do the following:
- Change business name and/or address
- Close or reactivate accounts
- View collection information
- Request payment plans
Your business may have Schenck SC listed as a TPP for withholding, sales tax or other purposes. Schenck is a TPP if we can file returns and/or make payments in My Tax Account on your behalf. If your business does not want Schenck or another TPP to have full access to your account, you must change the information in My Tax Account.
The sample email below has detailed instructions for how to remove approval for the additional access. (You may recently have received an email similar to this from the WDOR.) The removal can be completed after August 16, 2012. If your business wants a TPP to have full access, you do not need to do anything at this time.
From: "Wisconsin Department of Revenue" DOR_DO_NOT_REPLY@revenue.wi.gov
To: Doe, Jane
Subject: My Tax Account - Change to third party access
Date: Fri, Aug 3, 2012 5:51 pm
**THIS IS AN AUTOMATED MESSAGE. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY TO THIS EMAIL**
This message is notification that SCHENCK SC of SCHENCK S.C. will receive full access to the following accounts in My Tax Account, effective August 16, 2012:
ABC Company S.C. 0XX-XXXXXXXXXX-0X Withholding Tax
Full access provides these options in addition to filing returns, making payments and viewing account information:
- change name and address
- request to close or reactivate accounts
- view collection information
- request a payment plan
We made this change based on requests from many business owners and tax professionals that third party preparers be able to provide full service through My Tax Account. If you do not approve the additional access, you may change it after August 16, 2012. To change:
- Log in to My Tax Account.
- Select "View My Profile" from your homepage.
- Click the "Manage Logons" tab.
- Select the "Access to My Accounts" tab and find the logon ID of the third party preparer.
- Select the "Access Level" as File & Pay, File Only, Pay Only or View Only, check the "Active" box and Save.
- Repeat these steps for each tax account shown.
Thank you for using My Tax Account. Please contact us with questions. (email@example.com)
Please feel free to contact Schenck SC with any questions that you may have regarding this issue.